To ensure that your ad works optimally and to avoid design issues, it's important to follow the specifications of each ad placement. In this guide you will find an overview of goals, file sizes, character specifications and recommendations.
General terms and conditions
- Advertisements must follow the Vær Varsom poster and not conflict with the newspapers 'basic views, perceptions and ethical attitudes or which are otherwise suitable for weakening readers' trust.
- Ads that are obviously illegal, incorrect or misleading (eg competition or subscription) will be rejected.
- Ads should not have a sexually explicit, violent, offensive or racist message.
- Advertisements for weapons, air weapons, replica versions of weapons, toy versions of weapons and ammunition will be rejected.
- Exceptions can be made for legal hunting weapons sold from approved Norwegian sales outlets, contact email@example.com for approval.
- We reserve the right to reject ads that are not approved by the editor-in-chief.
- The ad should not flash more than three times in one second in animated ads.
- We allow up to five creatives per format per line booked
- Maximum length for animated ads is 30 seconds.
- Ads should not loop
- Ads should not contain audio that starts automatically. Sound activated with clicks is accepted.
- All ads must have a logo.
- CPU cannot exceed 30% average and 60% peak.
- The ad must load within 0.8 seconds, otherwise the viewability quality (time to visual start) may suffer. Read more about this here: http://help.advalidation.com/en/collections/46686-troubleshooting
- HTML5: We rely on the INMA HTML standard, click here for specification. NB! We do not allow "console.log(" statements to be embedded in the code, as this can slow down our pages and break debugging processes on the sites. "console.log(" must therefore be removed from the code before submitting the material.
- HTTPS: All elements of the material must be hosted on https secure servers, including 3rd party tags, html material, fonts and images. A server is https secure when it has an approved SSL certificate. To test your own site you can use this link: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
- Connection screening: it is not allowed to drop cookies or use tracking pixels from domains that do not have an approved data processing agreement with Schibsted
Schibsted Ad Operations (AdOps) tests ads in newer versions of the browsers and does not check the ad's backward compatibility with the various browsers. The responsibility for making ads work across browsers lies with those who develop the ads. It is extremely important that the ads work as they should and the advertiser is responsible for the material. Schibsted reserves the right to immediately and without further notice remove ads that do not work satisfactorily. These can be ads that use an unreasonable amount of the computer's processor CPU (Central Processing Unit), are not in accordance with the Marketing Act, contain errors or are not approved by those responsible for the companies.
Ads that can be confused with Schibsted's editorial content:
All ads must be clearly delimited so as not to be confused with editorial content. Our readers should never be in doubt about what is editorial content and what are ads on our services.
Ads that in expression (color, font and design) mimic Schibsted's editorial expression or imitate Schibsted's own native and content products will not be approved.
To ensure that ads are not confused with editorial content, the following design requirements are set:
Ads shall have a background color corresponding to at least 10% color density or a black frame of at least 1 pix.
2. The text must have a margin out to the frame / outer edge of a minimum of 10 pixels.
The font in the ad may not be the same or mimic the one used in editorial content. For VG, the ad text should be written with Grotesque fonts, not Serifs. For FINN the font Arial, Helvetica, or Sans-serif should not be used.
4. Any link texts shall not be red, and the wording shall strive to differ from the wording in the media house's editorial link texts. The wording “Read the case” is accepted e.g. not, as this wording is often used in editorial matters.
Schibsted uses Xandr as an ad management system and it is Schibsted's measurements of ad impressions that are applicable and not other parties' tracking system. It is only possible to use Schibsted data in connection with advertising on Schibsted's services. It is not possible to use Schibsted- data to target or retarget Schibsted's users on other applications or services.